Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Post Surgery

Hello dear ones. Tyler and I just returned from a visit with my plastic surgeon so I wanted to give a quick update. Overall my appointment went well. Dr Shale is basically pleased with the way I am healing. I do have one incision that is still draining. That is a bummer because I was planning to return to work tomorrow and Dr kiboshed that plan. He will release me to return to work on Monday if I promise to play nicely and behave myself until then. Tyler will report to the Dr if I am still having drainage, but I don't anticipate any problems. It's no fair when Tyler and the dr gang up on me!! Anyway, I am feeling pretty good. I am still sore but mostly just uncomfortable now. I am still wearing a super restrictive abdominal binder 24/7.  The good news is that the dr felt my tummy skin was healing really well and I get to take the binder off on Monday!! Yay!! I am also very itchy- I still have dermabond(skin glue) over all my incision sites and it is driving me crazy!!! I return to Dr Shale in about a month to re-evaluate everything once the swelling all goes down. I am still significantly swollen so it is difficult to determine the final results of the surgery at this time. My next appointment will be discussing the options and planning for the next stage of reconstruction (another surgical procedure- boo). I am anxious to get back to work and all my other "normal" activities. I am thrilled, however, for a couple of extra days to hang out with my kiddos after school. I LOVE spending time with these awesome people that I am lucky enough to call my own. Thank you x infinity for your continuing love, prayers, and support. I wish I could give you all a huge and heartfelt (but very careful- still owie ) hug!!      Ps- now that my expanders are gone I can schedule my brain MRI without blowing up!! I plan to call Dr Steffens tomorrow and set up a time for that to happen ;)
 ~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment